I love banana bread and I think you all know by now that I love beer; so it seemed like a no-brainer to me to make a banana beer bread! This recipe for banana beer bread turned out to be so moist, fluffy and held a lot of both nutty and banana flavours! You can use any beer you might have on hand, but I would suggest a brown ale because they tend to be nutty, malty and loaded with caramel and toffee flavours, which go perfect with banana bread!
Banana Beer Bread
I chose Wild Rose Barracks Brown Ale for my banana beer bread. Wild Rose Brewing is a craft brewery from Calgary, Alberta; basically my neighbour. They’ve been around since 1996, so they totally know what they are doing; and they only sell their beer here in Alberta, so sorry to the rest of Canada, and the World for that matter!
Barracks Brown Ale
A – A dark brown, clear pour, with a lot of foamy beige head that dissipates quickly into a think beige lacey line.
S – lots of nuts, toffee and some chocolate and coffee aromas.
T – again with a lot of nutty flavours, some chocolate, bready biscuits, caramels and some floral hoppy bitterness.
M – a medium carbonation and medium bodied beer, with a bit of stickiness.
O – this is a great brown ale; any person who is a fan of the brown ales would be pleased with this one, I think! It is my favourite from Wild Rose. And it is the perfect addition to my banana beer bread!
Banana Beer Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the eggs and beer and mix. Add in the coconut oil and stir to combine.
Mix the wet into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
Transfer mixture to a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Enjoy with your favourite brew, such as a Wild Rose Barracks Brown! You’d be surprised how well banana beer bread goes with a mug of your favourite brew!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown ale, or beer of your choice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the eggs, beer and then add in the coconut oil. Stir to mix well.
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer mixture to a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.