This lemon thyme chicken is the best easy chicken recipe ever. I make it almost every week because it is just that good and it is so simple! There aren’t many ingredients and it can be either baked in the oven or grilled on the BBQ; it really depends on if it is winter and 30 below or if it is summer and 30 above. Some of you might be able to BBQ all year round!
I usually team this recipe up with some simple side dishes to make a an easy weeknight meal.
Lemon Thyme Chicken
The preparation of this lemon thyme chicken recipe is so easy: drizzle the chicken thighs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You actually could use any part of the chicken you want: drumsticks, wings, legs with backs attached, breasts. I have tried this with chicken breasts before and it is still really good, but I really missed the crunchy skin. Chicken skin isn’t really on the diet plan, so with the thighs, I noticed a lot less skin than other skinned pieces. So I guess I am just trying to justify (to myself) why I am eating chicken skin! It’s all about portion control, right?!
Okay, enough trying to make myself feel better – back to this lemon thyme chicken recipe! After you have seasoned your chicken, either put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and into your preheated oven; or put them on the grill in your preheated barbecue.
While your chicken is baking or grilling, prepare some fresh lemon juice and fresh thyme. These two ingredients are what makes this lemon thyme chicken recipe amazing! Something about the fresh lemon and thyme on the hot, crispy chicken thighs…. mmmmm!!!
Once the chicken is cooked, take it out of the oven or off the grill, and immediately drizzle the fresh lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle fresh thyme all over.
- 4 chicken thighs with skin on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 sprig of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil on thighs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a dish sprayed with cooking spray or on a baking pan with parchment paper. Put in oven, and immediately drop heat down to 350 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear) and skin is golden crispy.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour fresh lemon juice on the thighs and sprinkle with fresh thyme.