When I received the opportunity to post using Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans, I knew it would be an exciting and tasty process. We have used Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans as a garnish in our caesars for a while now, so I wanted to make a classic caesar for a drink. I posted a spicy basil caesar in the summer, but this will be a classic caesar with Matt & Steve’s B’n Olive Juice and as many Extreme Beans I can fit in the glass – at least one of each flavour!
Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans come in three flavours: Hot & Spicy, Garlic & Dill and Sweet & Savoury. They also have B’n Olives where large green olives are stuffed with their Extreme Beans!
I had a couple appetizer ideas that I wanted to experiment with using Matt & Steve’s bean and olive products: olive cheese balls and tempura battered extreme beans. I thought I would try both and whichever tasted best, I would post. Well I couldn’t decide between the two, so I have to share them both!
With the Matt & Steve’s Entertaining Essentials package that you can win, you will be able to make all these delicious recipes! So be sure to read to the bottom to find out how to enter to win all these amazing goodies!
Classic Caesar with B’n Olive Juice and Extreme Bean Garnish
I had to make the caesar first because it is the perfect cocktail to sip on while making appetizers! Truth be told, it’s the perfect cocktail for any occasion!
Start by gathering all of the ingredients – vodka, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, Matt & Steve’s Caesar Rimmer, fresh lemon juice, Matt & Steve’s B’n Olive juice, Clamato juice and Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans (I used one of each – Sweet and Savoury, Garlic Dill and Hot and Spicy).
Take your glass and dip and twist it into the plate with lemon juice; and then dip and twist it into the caesar rimmer.
Add ice to the rimmed glass and then add in 1 ounce vodka, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, dash of Tabasco sauce, about 1 Tbsp. both of B’n Olive juice and fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of the caesar rimmer.
Top with Clamato juice and garnish with as many Matt & Steve Extreme Beans you can possibly fit!
Add a celery stick and use as a stir stick! Stir well and enjoy!
B’n Olive Cheese Balls
This recipe is a family recipe from my husband’s family. It is a recipe that we have made for Christmas every year for the past five years at least! It’s a great appetizer that is savoury, crunchy and easy (almost too easy) to just pop in your mouth. It is typically made with small green olives, but when given the opportunity to work with Matt & Steve’s B’n Olives I thought it would be a perfect fit!
Matt & Steve’s B’n Olives are large green olives stuffed with an Extreme Bean. To start out I cut the olives into quarters, carefully to ensure each piece still holds a piece of the bean.
Next work the flour and shredded cheese together until mixed well.
Add in the melted butter and mix with a fork until it turns into a batter.
Using your hands, take one piece of olive and wrap in about 1 Tbsp. of the cheese batter.
Roll olive and cheese batter to form a small ball with the olive hidden inside.
Place balls on a greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart, cover with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake olive cheese balls for 15-20 minutes and serve hot. Enjoy with a caesar!
- 1 jar of Matt & Steve's B'n Olives
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Quarter the B'n Olives carefully, ensuring each quarter holds a piece of the bean. You will need about 36 pieces. Feel free to eat the leftovers - they are delicious on their own!
- Mix shredded cheddar and flour together in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir with a fork until mixture turns into a batter.
- Take about 1 Tbsp. of the batter and flatten with your hands. Place an olive piece in the middle, and fold batter over olive. Roll with fingers to form a cheese ball with olive piece hidden inside. Repeat until batter is used up; should make about 36 balls.
- Place balls on greased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart, cover with plastic wrap and chill for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake olive cheese balls for 15-20 mins.
- Serve hot!
- Can be frozen and reheated!
Tempura Extreme Beans
This last recipe is based on a recipe of tempura dill pickles. I love deep fried dill pickles and thought deep fried extreme beans would be equally as good! And I think they were actually better! What was almost as good as the taste was how quick and easy these were to make! This recipe literally took me less than 10 minutes to make!
I used cucumber club soda for the tempura batter. I thought it would add a nice flavour, but I don’t think it made a difference at all. You can use regular club soda.
Drain your beans and press between paper towels to dry out a bit and set aside.
Mix flour and spices together in a bowl.
Add in the cold club soda and some B’n Olive juice and stir to combine; batter will be a bit lumpy.
Heat oil in pan to 370 degrees F. Dip extreme beans into the batter and carefully drop into the oil. Fry beans for 2 1/2 minutes until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels and serve hot. We liked ours dipped in ranch dressing!
- 6 beans, cut in half, of each Matt & Steve's Extreme flavours (Hot & Spicy, Garlic & Dill, Sweet & Savoury)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Aleppo Chiles
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold club soda
- B'n Olive juice
- vegetable oil for frying
- Drain beans, and lay on paper towel to dry slightly.
- Mix flour and spices together in a bowl.
- Add in the cold club soda and some B'n Olive juice and stir to combine; batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Heat oil in pan or dutch oven to 370 degrees F. Dip extreme beans into the batter, let excess drip off slightly and carefully drop into the oil. Fry beans for 2 1/2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- Try dipping in ranch dressing or your favourite dip!
And now for the giveaway! Click below to enter to win Matt & Steve’s Entertaining Essentials! $50 worth of goodies including an ice bucket, official Matt & Steve’s Extreme Bean caesar glasses, Matt & Steve’s beer koozies, 1 jar of Hot & Spicy Extreme Beans, 1 jar of Garlic & Dill Extreme Beans, 1 jar of B’n Olives and 1 tin of Matt & Steve’s caesar rimmer! #GetYourBeanOn
You have until noon (MST) on December 6th to enter! Good luck! Canadian residents only. Sorry, no PO Boxes.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Matt & Steve’s Extreme Beans in which I have been compensated with product. All opinions are my own.
How do you #GetYourBeanOn?!