When it was still corn season I was working hard to use up the huge bag of corn we bought from a “street” vendor and I ended up trying to recreate a southern crawfish boil type of dish. Living in Alberta, we don’t exactly have access to a lot of crawfish, if any, so I used shrimp. You can make these shrimp and corn foil packets anywhere; in the oven, on the barbecue or over the campfire. For this specific recipe I used the barbecue, but I know I am taking this recipe with me camping! Very easy to make and has great flavours! For the cajun seasoning I used Slap Ya Mamma seasoning that I picked up while in New Orleans. If you don’t have cajun seasoning on hand, you can make your own!
Shrimp and Corn Foil Packets
This shrimp and corn foil packets recipe is so simple and provides a full meal in one little packet! All you need to do is gather your ingredients.
Spread the shrimp, sausage and vegetables evenly out between four large pieces of foil. Drizzle each pack with some oil (I used avocado oil) and shake on some cajun seasoning (I am using Slap Ya Mamma).
Fold up the foil good and put on a preheated BBQ, in a preheated oven (375 degrees) or over a camp fire. The time it takes will depend on the source of heat. For the BBQ, I flipped it once in between, and it took only 20 minutes. I haven’t done these yet in the oven or over the camp fire, so I can’t provide those times, but I presume they will both take a little longer.
Remove the foil packs, carefully open and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- 4 ears of corn, cut in half (about 3 inch long)
- 1 bag raw, peeled and deveined, tail on shrimp
- 1 link double smoked sausage (e.g. andouille), sliced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 12 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tsp Slap Ya Mamma, Cajun Seasoning
- 4 tsp Avocado Oil
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12 inches long each
- Spread the shrimp, sausage and vegetables evenly out between the pieces of foil.
- Drizzle each pack with 1 tsp avocado oil and shake on 1 tsp cajun seasoning.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet and seal edges by making a 1/2-inch fold and then fold again. Fold other sides to seal as well.
- Place foil packs on a preheated BBQ for 20 minutes, flipping once after 10 mins.
- Remove the foil packs, carefully open and serve immediately. Enjoy!