If you are a hot dog head, then this is the post for you – you will find everything you ever wanted to know about hot dogs and more! If you came here for an article on baseball, sorry!
Another season of baseball has started. Opening day has come and that means 162 games of baseball, per team, is upon us. With that in mind, I had a huge decision to make. Do I make and post 162 days of hot dogs?? That task is a bit overwhelming, not to mention, I am still working on eating somewhat healthy; and processed, meat by-products, are not in my everyday diet. So what is a food blogger to do? A food blogger is to make a list, of course!
This post will be a long list of everything to do with hot dogs: local places to get a good hot dog; all the stadiums and their dogs; fast food joints with hot dogs on their menu; as well as some fan favourite creations; and hot dog paraphernalia, facts and other interesting hot dog related articles I came across in my research! Everything below is what I have found on the internet from my own little research project of everything hot dogs. None of these are made by me, reviewed by me and most I have not tried.
At the end of every post I am in the habit of asking you a couple questions. This time I am going to ask you these questions now, so you can think about them as you read. What are your favourite hot dog toppings? Have you tried any of the hot dogs in my list below? Are you watching baseball this season, and if so, who are you cheering for?! Did I miss an epic dog in my post?
Local (to Alberta):
- It’ Dog
- Tubby Dog
- Fat Franks – I have had Fat Franks before…many times!
- The Dog
- Beer Revolution they don’t have hot dogs, but they have awesome sausage – made in-house!
- Jack’s Drive-in has Nathan’s Famous hotdogs and corn dogs
- Frank and Mabel’s
- Classic Chicago White Sox Hot Dog (recipe included in this link!)
- Texas Rangers Boomstick Dog
- Chicago Cubs Frito Pie Dog
- Nats Dogs and more when watching the Washington Nationals
- Cincinnati Reds Meat Lovers Hot Dog (wow!)
- Arizona Diamond Backs D-Bat Dog
- Official Hot Dog of the Toronto Bluejays is Lester’s
- Milwaukee Brewers The Beast Dog
- Baltimore Orioles Mac ‘n’ Cheese Crab Dog (recipe included in this link!)
- Fenway Franks at Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox
- Nathan’s Famous at New York Yankee Stadium
- Tampa Bay Rays Mac Dog, bringing some heat!
- You will find your dog smothered with slaw anywhere in Atlanta, home of the Braves.
- Enjoy a Magnum Hot Dog while watching the Miami Marlins (among many other stadium treats listed in the link!)
- Dogs and more at CitiField, home of the New York Mets
- Philadelphia Phillies are number 1 for vegan options, including a veggie dog
- Minnesota Twins – Brat Dog, Double Play Dog and Lobster Corn Dog!
- Cleveland Indians have a Hot Dog Derby!
- The Detroit Tigers have a Hot Dog Guy!
- I wonder if the Tiger’s Hot Dog Guy sings about the Poutine Dog they have?!
- A fan was injured by a hot dog and sued the Kansas City Royals (for real)
- Kansas City Royals sell a Bacon Hot Dog in Glazed Krispy Kreme Bun – yikes!
- There are few epic dogs to choose from if you are Pittsburgh Pirates fan
- St. Louis Cardinals Nacho Crunch Dog
- Catch a Houston Astros game on a Wednesday night and you only pay $1 for a hot dog!
- Los Angeles Angels Halo Dog
- Oakland Athletics Hot Dogs and so much more!
- Seattle Mariners Beef Franks
- Los Angeles Dodgers – Dodger Dog has it’s own Wikipedia Page!
- San Diego Padres have the Friar Frank, Diego Dog and RJ Slugger Dog
- San Franciso Giants – Tres Agave Dog
- Ten outrageous ballpark dogs article
- Price for a hot dog at stadiums, 2014
- Best stadium hot dogs as per Delish
Fast Food Dogs:
- Dairy Queen
- Review: Costco Dog vs. IKEA Dog
- New York Fries
- Pinks (I have been here, in Las Vegas!)
- Sauerkraut and Mustard
- Avocado, Relish and Pickle (the green dog)
- Chili Cheese Dog
- Campfire cooked dog – loaded
- Boiled wiener, steamed bun with slice of cheese melted on it, and then ketchup and mustard only
- Pyrogy Dog – loaded with hash browns, sour cream, bacon and chives
- Cheese Whiz, ketchup, mayo, mustard and relish
- Cheddar cheese, mayo, ketchup
- Mustard and dill pickle relish
Hot Dog Paraphernalia and Other:
- Hot Dog Definition, as per Wikipedia
- Camping Hot Dog Fork
- Hot Dog Toaster
- Retro Hot Dog Roller
- Hot Dog Inflatable
- Sausage Making
- Hot Dog Cookbook
- Hotdog Greatest Hits
- There is a National Hot Dog and Sausage Organization!
- Hot Dog Etiquette (yes there is a thing!)
- Hot Dog History
- Hot Dog Facts, Figures and Folklore!
- Hot Dog News
- Hot Dog Controversy
I hope you all enjoy a hot dog or two this baseball season, and maybe even try out some of the epic dogs from stadiums listed above!