June is the month that kicks off summer and what better way to welcome the warm months ahead but with an orange cardamom chocolate no churn ice cream! If you are a food blogger or a person who follows a lot of food blogs, this won’t be your first no churn ice cream recipe that you’ve come across. It’s kind of all the rage right now and I just couldn’t help myself from jumping on the no churn ice cream bandwagon! I can understand now why this is trending with food bloggers alike; you literally can whip it up in a snap and wow, it tastes really good!
This flavours of this recipe were actually inspired by a cookie I saw at a Farmer’s Market in Edmonton. I walked by a booth of homemade cookies, and saw the orange cardamom chocolate chip cookie and instantly the light bulb went off – wouldn’t that be amazing in ice cream!? I love cardamom already, and paired with orange and chocolate?! Amazing is too weak of a word to describe the flavours going on. Make it and you’ll know what I mean!
Orange Cardamom Chocolate No Churn Ice Cream
If you have 10 minutes to spare, you can make this orange cardamom chocolate no churn ice cream. It really is that simple and quick! Of course, you have to freeze your ice cream for about 6 hours, but if you take 10 minutes out of your morning to put these ingredients together, in the evening, after a hot summer day, you can sit down with a cold, creamy, flavourful bowl of orange cardamom chocolate no churn ice cream. Perfect dessert at your next summer barbecue!
Take a metal loaf bread pan and pop it into the freezer so that it’s nice a cold.
I poured my whipping cream into my KitchenAid mixer and let it whip until soft peaks formed.
Meanwhile, I juiced and zested my oranges into a bowl and added the ground cardamom to the juice and zest, and mixed well.
Now that the soft peaks formed on the whipping cream, I slowly folded in the condensed sweetened milk and orange juice mixture, and carefully mixed so not to deflate the whipping cream.
Pour the mixture into the metal loaf bread pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the mix. Cover the pan lightly with wax paper and pop into the freezer for 6 hours.
After 6 hours, scoop the tasty orange cardamom chocolate no churn ice cream into a bowl and enjoy!!
- 500 mL whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. ground cardamom
- Juice and zest of two oranges
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place a metal bread loaf pan into the freezer.
- Pour whipping cream into a bowl and whip with a hand held mixer or use a KitchenAid mixer; whip until soft peaks formed.
- Meanwhile, juice and zest the oranges into a bowl and add in the ground cardamom and mix well.
- Now that the soft peaks formed on the whipping cream, slowly fold in the condensed sweetened milk and orange juice mixture and carefully mix well so not to deflate the whipping cream.
- Pour the mixture into the metal loaf bread pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the mix. Cover the pan lightly with wax paper and pop into the freezer for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, scoop the tasty orange cardamom chocolate no churn ice cream into a bowl and enjoy!!