It’s only five days until Christmas! If you are in a pinch and looking for a really simple Christmas treat, this recipe takes a little over an hour only, and most of that time is for the setting of the cranberry pistachio white chocolate bark in the fridge.
Cranberry pistachio white chocolate bark just screams christmas to me. The cranberries are red; the pistachios green; and the chocolate is white; making it Christmas themed by the colours alone! It is so simple to make – and only requires three ingredients – so if you are looking for something fast to make that will be a hit at the Christmas party you are attending, try this cranberry pistachio white chocolate bark.
Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Bark
All you need is a package of white chocolate (170 g), 1/2 a cup of cranberries and 1/2 a cup of pistachios.
The pistachios I bought were not shelled… so I spend about 1/2 an hour shelling them. Speed up the process by picking up already shelled (and roasted!) pistachios.
Next, because I didn’t get already roasted pistachios, I needed to roast them for about 5-7 minutes. I sprinkled a little salt on them as well before going in the oven.
Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler. This is an appliance I don’t have, so I boiled some water in a pot, and then put a glass mixing bowl on top, and used that as my “double boiler” – works perfect!
Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir in the dried cranberries and roasted pistachios.
Pour onto a foil lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula.
Refrigerate for at least an hour, and break into pieces and enjoy!
- 1 package white chocolate (170 g)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted pistachios
- If you don't have roasted pistachios, place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheer, sprinkle some salt over them and roast them in the oven at 350 F, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir in the dried cranberries and roasted pistachios.
- Pour onto a foil lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, and break into pieces and enjoy!
Are you ready for Christmas?!